I am a data privacy and security professional. When I am not writing articles or policies and procedures for data privacy implementation or training corporate clients on leadership strategies and in-house staff on privacy awareness, I am building personal brands, speaking at conferences and coaching women to powerfully use their zones of brilliance and launch online businesses.
So, how did I get to this point (even though I am still learning and growing)?
In 2012, I launched my online platform istartandfinish.com and began building my personal brand because for many years, I desired a place where I could incorporate all my skills, experience, expertise and knowledge. I have written several blog posts about how I learned how to code after law school, merged my legal background with technology and how I turned pain to gain.
I am a believer that no experience is wasted and it helps when we see it as a life lesson. I am a published author and my latest book is “Assigned: No More Procrastination, Launch Your Destiny, People Are Waiting.”
Have you listened to episodes on Destiny Chats podcast yet? It’s a platform where we have great conversations that help people become better in their careers, businesses and life. Many people have suggested that I take this on a live tour across the nation. Hmm..sounds tempting. I will consider it one day. What do you think? Send me a message. I would love to hear from you.
Did You Know..?
- I love watching Ellen, Steve Harvey and I binge-watched Madam Secretary. I even downloaded the episodes on my iPad to watch during my transatlantic flights to speaking engagements. I guess something about being a woman in leadership drew my attention. Besides, Téa Leoni and Tim Daly are awesome actors and I love their synergy on the show! Okay, I reckon I am a romantic too.
- I am a creative and techie. When I have some down time (sometimes during a long commute), I start messing around on Canva or tweaking codes on my websites, changing colors, style and design. Yep, I am my own web developer.
- I love to dance. I often watch the latest African dance moves on YouTube so I can get my groove on and not be left behind. Besides, it’s a great way to keep fit.
- I enjoy music. I love to have a good laugh. It’s good for the soul.
- I love to wear lipstick and high heels. Why not? Let’s rock these things for as long as we have breath.
- I am a strategist and I enjoy starting from scratch, putting all the pieces of the puzzle together and producing something that brings results. It’s the reason why people often reach out to me to discuss their ideas and plans before they launch, change strategy or enter new territories.
- I enjoy sharing knowledge because I have seen that knowledge is indeed power. Sometimes people stay too long in areas that they should have left because of lack of one key strategy or piece of information.